Directions for Snapping Receipts
To start snapping your receipts, open your Fetch app and tap on the orange circle at the bottom of your screen. When you tap it, a blue circle and an orange circle will appear. To snap pictures of your physical, paper receipts, tap the orange Snap button and your device's camera will open up.
To see a video on how to snap a photo of your receipt and submit it, check out this article: Receipt Snapping Process
Receipt Snapping Tips
Follow these tips carefully to ensure you are getting the best scan possible of your receipt:
- The receipt is by itself and lying flat on a solid, dark, and non-reflective surface
- The receipt is not stained, smudged, or crinkled, and no objects or fingers cover the receipt
- The image is taken in a well-lit area so no shadows cover or block any part of the receipt
- Receipt edges are lined up with the guidelines shown on your screen
- Make sure to snap the receipt in its entirety including store name and/or logo, checkout date and time, and total amount paid
Additionally, snapping your receipts works best on a cellphone as opposed to a tablet.
The blue eReceipt button you see is used for scanning eReceipts. For more information on this, please refer to this article: Connecting Your Email and Amazon Accounts